Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Busy weekend

Got to spend some time with Caty, and everyone else at her going away party last weekend. I'm so stoked for her, it's going to be a really awesome experience. The afternoon went pretty well, Leah's aunt made some to-die-for spring-roll type thingies which were beyond delicious, I got caught up on everything that's going on with the gang and just had a very relaxing time overall.

Next on the agenda was Gayner's birthday/housewarming party which we dropped by for a few minutes. Kevin had a close encounter with Dr. Love and I got to meet a few of her guests before we said our goodbyes.

Then on Sunday we finally got around to making a second trip out to Wonderland - this time we brought Kristel, Leah and my parents along. Stefan & Bruce came out too but Bunny had to work.

What can I say, the guys had a blast and they managed to convince me to get on two rollercoasters before I called it a day - which was a major improvement over my one rollercoaster ride last time - but that didn't quell the teasing from everyone. ;)

The first was Minebusterand the second the Italian Job. I was supposed to go on Drop Zone but I lost my nerve after the first two coasters. I'm just not big on heights, but I'll probably convince myself to try it next time. Probably. We didn't make it to the water park segment of the park so I told Stef that we'd try to get out to Wild Water Kingdom before the end of the summer.

Other stuff that's going on:

- Went to see my doctor yesterday, she's going to recheck my iron and run some other tests.
- Dave got into an accident [his car got tangled with a Crown Vic] but he's doing okay.
- Did some more packing and cleaning yesterday, cleaned out our entire washroom cupboard, packed what we needed, tossed the rest and wiped it out. So that's done.
- I'm currently tied for last in the Group of 16 world cup pool, if this keeps up I am very likely going to be stuck buying lunch for the winners again. But it's fun. This afternoon Spain plays France. It would be nice if Spain won, it would be even better if they won 2-1. *fingers crossed*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You've gone from "I promise I'll go on it" to "I'll try to convince myself to go on it next time..."

Pshaw!!! :D

7:15 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Bah!

Did you hear about that kid that died on that coaster??

Nice try, but if you want me dead you're going to have to do the dirty work yourself. ;)

5:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home