Friday, May 19, 2006

People SUCK!

So yesterday I got on the train at King Station around 5:10pm, as I have for the last ten months since working downtown. It's mostly empty but there's usually a lot of people at King Station heading out from the core at that time... so within seconds all the seats are gone and I find myself standing shoulder to shoulder with a train full of people - that's normal, that's to be expected, I can live with it.

I grab a pole with my right hand, ensuring that I stand on the left side of it thereby leaving lots of room for other standing commuters to use the pole. I pull out my Metro and continued to read from where I'd left off that morning just as the train pulls into Queen Station. I didn't look up, there was no need to, I wasn't in anyone's way who wanted to leave and was clearly out of the way of anyone entering the train... suddenly something pokes me in the side, it's a bag, I look up and there's a woman standing to my right, she looks at me, we make eye contact, no apology or anything so I shift a bit to my left to avoid being prodded by this bag of hers and continue reading.

A few minutes later, she starts bracing against me, possibly trying to get me to move even further left... I can't, not unless I want to end up standing on top of the nice lady to my left so I hold my ground and resist her brace - all this while I continue reading as though I hadn't even noticed her.

We get to College Station and the seat in front of the lady to my left vacates, she doesn't move to sit... so under normal TTC etiquette either the person to the left of her or the right of her takes the seat next. Seeing that I am standing to the right of her, I politely ask her if she'd like the seat she shakes her head a polite no, but she looks tired so I ask "Are you su.." - [I never made it to "re" part of "sure" and I'll explain in a second] - now usually at this point if she says she's sure, I'll take the seat. But just as the last part of the word sure was about to come from my lips the fat cow to my right does the unthinkable, she shoves past me and the poor woman [who looked like she was about to keel over] and fastened her fat a$$ into the seat. Now usually I don't call people fat or cows or anything like that but I was/still am very pi$$ing made at the lack of courtesy of this woman. Just who the hell do people think they are that they can shove and push their way into seats not remotely meant for them. Then to make things worse, she looks up from the seat at both of us with this very casual look. I honestly wanted to smack her, I think it was a good thing I was distracted long enough by the poor woman next to me almost keeling over and me trying to help her regain her balance - otherwise I'd have gotten myself arrested for slapping the cow.

So TTC cow, if you're reading this, know that I think you're absolutely despicable, and the next time you try that shit - I AM going to tell you what an inconsiderate PoS you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home