Thursday, April 20, 2006

I must be doing something right! :)

So today was the big day... and I warn you, only a fellow fan is going to appreciate the following words... but... I got to meet Debbie Travis today!! :D

It was so cool, she's just as witty in person as she is on the show and spent a good portion of the show joking around with the crowd at FCP. Jim and Peter were also in the crowd [Kev's convinced that they're gay, I prefer to think of them as a good combination - as I really don't want to imagine the two of them going at it] .

But back to Debbie, I got to collect my copy of her new book "Facelift" that I'd won... and she signed it and chatted with me like we were old friends or something - I know I'm gushing, but it was so cool to meet her after being a fan of her show for such a long time - we even got to talking about what colour I should paint our walls. :)

And in other news, I also got a pay raise today, nothing to scream at the top of the mountain about but it's not too shabby either, it worked out to be about 4.56%... and it came when I was least expecting it, turns out that they were planning to raise our dept's salaries by about 2% on average, some people got 2%, some people got more, some less and some people nothing at all. I figured at 4.56% I must be doing something right. And though my pay is not where I'd ideally like it to be it's a step in the right direction, if it says anything at least it says someone is starting to see the effort I've been making since joining the company.

So altogether, I'll say it wasn't too shabby a day at all. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home