Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy long weekend!

Happy long weekend!

The weekend started on FRIDAY. I was so exhausted from work during the week that my good intentions of waking early on Friday and working on the basement before Good Friday church at 2pm went straight through the roof. I came to life shortly after 11am and opted to make breakfast while Kevin continued working on cleaning out his section of the basement, then once breakfast was ready we sat down and had a long lazy breakfast which included multiple cups of coffee – before we knew it, it was time to get up and get ready for church.
We got to church about the same time that my parents did and settled in for the Good Friday service, which as it turns out to be was mostly an abridged version of “The Passion of the Christ” – I’m still not sure how I feel about them using a Hollywood movie in a church setting, the two just don’t seem to go together – not in my mind at least, but I will admit that I may be slightly biased as I HADN’T planned on seeing “The Passion of the Christ” as a movie, because of it’s reported graphic scenes.
I saw about half of the version shown that day, not only was a lot of it was too graphic for me, but I found that for a good portion of it my eyes were downcast, welled with tears, but it did have the effect of making one reflect on the life and trials of Christ, which I presume was the intention of the church folks.

We got home around 4pm or somewhere thereabouts. Aaron and Andrea were supposed to hang out with us that evening but something ended up coming up and they couldn’t make it, so we invited Bunny and Stef over for pizza and a movie instead, as they had wanted to see Narnia and King Kong on our TV. I watched Narnia and a bit of King Kong in between working on our basement clutter and chatting with them. Stef helped me sort out the tulle and flowers from the wedding decorations so I can give the flowers to mom for her use or to send to Guyana. When it was all said and done we got to bed around midnight.

On SATURDAY we’d planned to pick up Granny around noon from Aunty Estelle’s place but again we woke up a bit late so we hurriedly got showered and dressed and after making a quick pit stop at Timmy’s we headed out to Etobicoke. We picked her up, stopped at Harvey’s for lunch and then headed to the Ontario Science Centre {OSC] to meet up with Bunny and Stefan. Bunny wasn’t working that day so we got a grand tour of the OSC including the architects and engineers area as well as all the other exhibits they currently have running. After about 3 hours I wanted to leave, part of it was fatigue, but a big part of it was hunger. I knew Kevin wanted to see more so maybe we’ll go again another time.
We then headed over to my parents place for dinner and a relaxing evening, we had late lunch/dinner outside in the sunshine and then played a game of Monopoly. After Kevin and Bunny exited the game, it came down to Stef and I… with Stef eventually bankrupting me.
A bit later in the evening it was time to head home, Granny was spending the night at us so she came back to our place. I saw her settled in for the night and then went to bed, it was around 10pm – which was probably the only evening all that week that I’d gone to bed before midnight.

The alarm went off at around 7:30am on SUNDAY morning, signaling that it was time to get up and get dressed for Easter Sunday service at church. Kev had already mentioned that he didn’t want to go… so I got up quietly and went to wake Granny – turns out she was already up and dressed, so I put on some coffee and went back upstairs to get ready. Gran and I had a nice chat while we waited for my parents to pick us up, turns out she’s going to do a bit of visiting with her sisters and won’t return to Brampton until mid-August or so after which she is probably going to look for a place of her own and a new job closer to a proper transit system. After church we dropped Bunny off at work and then went back to my parents place for a bite to eat before heading out shopping, we didn’t know it at the time but most of the shopping places were closed for Easter Sunday so other than the flea market we couldn’t find anywhere else to bring Gran, so they dropped me off at home and I went back to cleaning and clearing the basement until it was time to get ready for bed.
After all that, it’s no surprise that I woke up on Monday morning saying “Weekend? What weekend?” :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home