Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It's amazing what pretty pink toenails will do for the soul

If you're reading this, you're probably staring at it in disbelief. No need to rub your eyes, yes, this indeed, is a new blog entry. Stop the press! ;)

If I think really hard about it, I'm sure I could compile you a list of everything that has happened since my last entry... to now. But none of it is really important, you've certainly got better things to do (I hope!), and well I'm too lazy to type it all. So let's not do that, hopefully I can keep the blog current going forward. :)

So what prompted this entry. Nothing significant really. Lying here on the couch, laptop on my lap, I couldn't help but notice my pink toes. It's a new fun shade for the week, maybe shade number 10 or so, in what has become a Sunday night tradition this summer. It's amazing what an at-home pedicure can do for the soul. It's my girly time, my alone time, my ignore-the husband time, after a nice hot shower... and it totally boosts my spirit. Pink nailpolish, I'm telling you, it's the new chocolate.

In other news, I'm scrapping again. It's really the only way I can relax, so that too is good for my soul. The wedding scrapbooks are all but complete and I've started work on our anniversary scrapbooks. I've got one going for each year and found the cutest 1-10 lettering for their spines! This means I've finally got new homes for all the keepsakes we've been gathering the past 4 years or so and just have to work on some layouts. I'll link some pics once I have something vaguely resembling a completed book or two. At which point Leah and Caty will probably point and openly laugh, at my pathetic attempt at creativity. :D

And that, my friends is my reflection for the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger ghanima said...

One should never laugh at creativity. Trust me on this, we artist-types want you all to join our legion of the undead (or, at least, the ocassionally eccentric).

I can't say I agree with you that pedicures are a balm for the soul, but seeing people toss a little more colour into their lives is always welcome.

10:12 AM

 
Blogger MiraFabulous said...

A nice pedicure always makes me feel good to.
But I am njot as disciplined as you are - I always get somebody else to do it for me. Then I feel like I need tp put my feet up on a pillow when I get home and adminre them :)

When I try to acheive that myself, all I really do is just put on colour - which is great - but not quite as indulgent as complete pedicure.

10:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mir, if I could justify a pedi a week during the summer, I'd totally do that instead! :D

Of course then I'd be giving up Sunday night girly time. Alas, instead I've invested in a pumice stone, aromatherapy and a bottle of moisturizer. :)

Leah. I'm telling you, pink toenails, it's right up there with christmas socks (think the festive ones, complete with bells)! :)

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

10:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home