Monday, November 27, 2006

A Christmas-y kind of weekend

The weekend started on Friday evening with a visit from our real estate agents, they came by to check on us and brought with them a housewarming gift, after they left I decided to go grocery shopping, I think it was the most relaxing grocery trip ever, probably because it was done sans Kevin and I didn't feel like I was being constantly rushed to get it done and out of there. ;)

I walked through all the aisles that I wanted to [without sticking to "the list"!], I picked up fruit and managed to actually examine it properly before placing it in the basket - and last but not least I didn't have to hear the famous phrase "I'm hungry" at any point. ;)

Saturday morning came and went pretty quickly, and before we knew it, it was time to head to Ken and Liv's place for the annual Christmas gathering. As in prior years it was a total blast, I got a chance to see all the kids and to witness first hand all their cute and mischievous antics. I probably shouldn't have favourites, but I've got a soft spot for Tara, I love her personality and she's an extremely pleasant child.
I think for most of the evening Daniel wouldn't share any of his toys, even if he wasn't playing with them, if the kids ended up finding one sitting somewhere and started to play with it, he'd promptly snatched it away from them as soon as he noticed - so the parents were a bit relieved when the presents arrived from Santa and the kids each got a new toy. Tara got a mic and seemed happy to finally have something to play with other than the doll her parents brought, that was before Daniel saw her , came over... and with his truck still in his hand tried to take her mic from her - but true to form Tara ever so pleasantly, quickly tucked her mic behind her back with one hand... and with the other hand she took his truck out of his hands and promptly smacked him on the head with it - she then turned on her heels and went to sit and play with her mic. He wasn't hurt, he was just startled. I almost died laughing, especially since she didn't stop smiling through all of it. She's 18 months, he just turned 2. Bet he wasn't expecting that kind of retaliation though, and from a girl none-the-less. :)

On Sunday, I spent the better part of the morning making breakfast, tidying the kitchen and even did a bit of cleanup in the yard, it was definitely a pleasant day to be outdoors. Then in the early afternoon Kev and I worked on the indoor christmas decorations while I waited for my parents to show up [we had a Costco trip planned] and Kev waited on Bruce for help with the outdoors lights. By the time I got back home in the early evening, the guys had finished stringing the outdoor christmas lights and had also managed to put up the chandelier in the dining room... my mom, Stefan and I worked on the tree while Bruce, Kev and my dad finished placing the crystal pieces on the chandelier - it was a nice evening, we even had the fire going while we worked on the decorations, my parents left shortly before 9pm and the guys then went to look at "Family Guy" while I finished off the tree. Poor Bruce, it was well after 9:30pm before he finally got out of there... not to mention he's probably all Christmased-out by this point thanks to me so Bruce if you're reading this, thanks a million. :)

Now I've got just 28 more sleeps, or something like that. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy shopping and girl shopping are very different endeavours. I think the less time I spend in a grocery store, the better. That's why people make lists. :)
That's about all I have to say about that. Happily, neither Bruce nor I even came close to falling off the roof while putting up the little light rings. A job well done!

12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home