Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mission: Organization

Before



After












It seems I've been on a mission to organize lately, the most recent to fall victim to my quest has been the main floor hall closet.

I had been watching for a sale on a rubbermaid shoe shelf for the longest while - Canadian Tire finally answered my wish. Even with the sale though it was still stupidly expensive... but for my sanity's sake, it was worth it.

Here are some before and after pics of what I managed to accomplish. Looks like it might just do the trick afterall, given that most of our shorter jackets can still be hung above it.

I've now got a nice little shelf for my hat/scarf/glove box to sit on AND it means no more rummaging for shoes when we're in a hurry. Summer shoes will sit on the rack and winter shoes will sit at the front of the rack for easy access.

That's only the left side of the closet, I'm considering getting another unit like it for the right side but I want to see how this works out first and I've got to take a closer look at what other summer shoes haven't been "unpacked" as yet to determine if it will be necessary.

Next task, sorting out the shelves sitting above our coats to ensure that they are being used efficiently... but for now, I'm going to call it a night. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home