Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ugh.

I'm a bit stressed today. A few things have contributed to this, it appears that while our group looks for a replacement for a co-worker that's leaving, most of her stuff is going to be piled on to me.

Usually I'd be okay with taking on the additional work - the only problem is that in addition to this news, there's a big return that's due before the end of July that two of us has been assigned to - it's the first time either of us will attempt this return [it's an annual return and we're both new] - and based on the information needed it's going to take about a month to put the binder together for this - the last person that did this return started mid June and submitted it in August - the reason is that alot of subs are involved and a lot of explanations and definitions are usually required. We've asked for an extension to the end of July which is good, it's been granted, that basically gives us one month.

But back to the co-worker leaving, most of her returns are due in July - which means she'll start training and transferring her stuff over to me in July, which will leave very little time for anything else, including the big return. And this doesn't even include the upcoming quarter end.

I've told everyone my vacation is not negotiable, I'm taking a few days at the end of July and the latter part of August, I've sent my boss a detailed list of the days I plan to take off. Something tells me though that it's going to be a tough fight for August. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger ghanima said...

That's the problem with financials: they never really stop. Of course, the problem with being a "contributing member of society" is that you're expected to never really stop, too. I hope you get your vacations, you deserve them.

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Here's hoping, so far things are moving along nicely with the big return, but the training hasn't commenced with the co-worker [she's on vacation] nor has the workload and area of responsibility been discussed.

Also on the bright side, I did request and got approval to change my regular work hours to 8-4pm from my current 9-5pm, so that now coincides nicely with Kev's hours and makes it possible for us to ride to the GO station together and back every day after the big move. :)

10:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home