Sunday, August 10, 2008

Gardening Woes

I've been working 14hr days for the past two weeks or so as we prepare for the release of the bank's quarter end results. As a result, not only did I miss Leah's party because I had to work this past Saturday, but my poor garden has suffered as well due to neglect.

Upon closer inspection and investigation, it appears as though Kev's poor rose bush at the front of our home, has developed black spot disease, which is a fungus known to attack roses. Actually, I think it has attacked both the yellow and red rose bushes. While the rose bush in the backyard has done really well we haven't had a whole lot of luck with the ones at the front, first we had cutter bees that punched holes in the leaves and well, now there's fungus thanks to the humid summer we've been having and the lack of dry, non-rainy days.

So tomorrow I get to break out the dormant oil that I used to save our Euonymus earlier this year and hope for a little miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home