Friday, August 11, 2006

Old friends never change... too much. :)

Yesterday I had lunch with Bhumica and Leon, two university buds that I hadn't seen in over 6 years. You might remember me mentioning Leon from my earllier thread after bumping into him at King Station. Anyway they'd both recently immigrated here and it was great catching up with them.

Bhumica is the same old Bhumica, she wears her hair shorter, has lost a bit of weight and her overall look is more mature but talking to her she's still the same. She still has to eat at 12noon [on the dot!], talks the same, laughs the same and still dreams of finding her prince charming - hopefully sooner rather than later she says! :)

Leon looks the same, has the same sense of humour and still teases us mercilessly. [He reminds me a lot of Mo, our old roommate] - as was to be expected I got teased about my ear piercing [I went through 20 years of my life without pierced ears and it was the first time either of them had seen me with pierced ears]. It's okay though because Bhumica & I got our digs in about an old girlfriend that he use to have that didn't want him talking to us at all - [he could only hang out with us when she wasn't on campus], that is until he lost his bag of texts and notes two days before finals and came running to us to help him out. Inquiring after her yesterday - turns out she apparently broke up with him after "he decided to let her go". *laugh* That's Leon alright.

The lunch hour came and went pretty quickly, name after name kept popping up as we tried to get caught up. Roseanne is living in the US, and is married.
Her ex, Miciah is married and has a child. Kathy is here in TO visiting this week and Ayanna works somewhere downtown as well, Melissa [according to Leon] is also living here - we might get a chance to see them the next time we do this if we can coordinate this. Lots of laughs all around, next time we're going to try to get together after work... that way we have the afternoon and evening to talk our heads off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home