Friday, November 07, 2008

Running on nothing but adrenaline

Tomorrow marks day #13 since I've had a day away from the office. I think I've clocked over 160 hours during the past 12 days. Year-end is brutal. BRUTAL. I love my job, but these hours are killing me, I'm dreaming of hedges, SWAPs, various SBC plans, pension plans and tax scenarios every night! Not to mention that I am paranoid that I'm going to screw something up from being so mentally tired that I'm double checking and triple checking and questioning the logic behind entries that made perfect sense just hours earlier. Ugh.

I think I might be in a position to take this Sunday off though, here's hoping that the finance gods smile on me and things actually go according to plan. I've decided to go in for 9am tomorrow instead of the usual 7:30am - it's going to be a long day regardless, and I'd much rather have the extra Z's in the morning.

George, bless his soul, tells me he's coming in armed with coffee tomorrow. I think after year end is over, I just might take all of January off. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger celtic_kitten said...

Yikes. How did I forget it was Year End there?

I hope you managed to take Sunday off... and I really hope you're benefiting from your place of employment and NOT working today.

Let me know when you've been granted a temporary reprieve from indentured servitude and we'll grab that dinner... :)

8:12 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

It's poopy, but I had to work on Remembrance Day... boo! Got to take the Sunday off though and I'm really trying to be positive and be thankful for small mercies!

It's been a gruelling week, actually it's been a freakin' gruelling month, and it's not over yet. I officially loathe the month of November, I can hardly wait for Christmas, that's really the only thing that's getting me through this month. At the end of a long day, I go home and dabble in christmas decor. :)

I'll let you know about dinner! Are you baking this year? I've pulled out all my festive cookie cutters and recipes and thinking of making a weekend of it. It won't be next weekend or the one after that, but it'll hopefully be sooner rather than later. :)

9:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home