Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nutritional Changes - Week 1

Five days until my self-imposed weigh in... still eating whatever I'd like, that includes chocolate and fresh fruits and veggies. Also, continuing my commitment to push the plate away when I feel full, nevermind how tasty it is, if I'm full... I stop eating.

Haven't done too well in the water department, still need to find a way to make myself voluntarily down 6-8 glasses a day.

I've picked up some
Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil Capsules
My parents made me take this stuff as a kid - I figured I'd add them back as part of my drive to become even healthier this year.

I've decided to keep blueberries on hand at all times, they are high in anti-oxidants... and don't taste half bad, though I will say I much prefer strawberries. Speaking of anti-oxidants, I grabbed a bottle of
POM Pomegranate and Mango juice yesterday at the grocery (after initially balking at the price for about two minutes). Haven't tried it yet, but will tomorrow.

Kev and I also wanted to incorporate good old fashioned Quaker Oats into our diet, I mean our parents gave it to us as kids but we really haven't had it since, so tomorrow morning he's making me breakfast, we didn't get the instant stuff so we're hoping the time and effort that we put into making it the old fashioned way pays off. And if at worse case scenario we hate our little concoction tomorrow, then I can try to get creative with it. I found a
Banana Bread Oatmeal recipe that looks yummy and I'm sure there are tons of other recipes out there.

My short term goal for the first weigh in is one pound. Five days to go, we'll see how I do... even if I don't lose that pound I'm so proud of myself for the many changes I've made to try to eat better.

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI for anyone interested... it turns out that I can make a pretty good bowl of oatmeal. :)

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Austin said...

Cream of wheat! Cream of wheat!

2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home