Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm just not feeling it

Today is our quarter-end "celebration" and, just like every quarter before this, we're invited over to the Duke of Devon for food and drinks.

For quite a few people in our dept, however, [myself included] quarter-end isn't really over and it's a pretty safe bet that most, if not all of us, aren't in particularly celebratory moods when we've got deadlines looming ahead and we're short on staff.

Office protocol probably [according to Kevin anyway] dictates that I attend. I'm not going to - not after the week I've had, not after the day I'm fairly certian I am going to have tomorrow. To say it's been nuts is an understatement, last night I actually had to bring work home.

We've now got two team members that have left our group, and our boss has also bailed, his last day will be September 1. Everything is being passed down to the remaining few and there's been no word of a replacement for anyone, yet. So I'm going to pass on the lunch and pass on the drinks and try to get as much work done before I leave today... then maybe, if all the stars align I can actually leave on time tomorrow to start my vacation.

I can hardly wait for next week, I'm pooped.

2 Comments:

Blogger ghanima said...

Screw office protocol. I will never understand why enforced social obligations are supposed to take precedence over one's own health. Get yourself some rest, I'm sure you've been working yourself to the bone.

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

I ended up not going, I was really too pooped by then. None of my immediate cubemates went either.

7:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home