Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mornings are a b1tch!

Things are slowly becoming a nice routine in the mornings, the break in period is awful though!

It was only last week that I was waking at 7am, leaving the house around 8 and getting in for 9. Now I'm up at 6, getting in around quarter to 8 and leaving around 4. I swear the only thing that gets me up at 6 is the fact that I can now leave at 4.

But it's working out well, we now have time to sit and have breakfast together before heading out the door. It helps too that we're commuting to work with Roop, one week he'll drive in, one week we'll drive in. With regular traffic we're downtown in about 35mins, then it's about a 10mins walk to my building, so altogether not too bad. Ask me again in the winter, though. ;)

Oh, and I'm STILL very much sleep deprived. I'm off next week and work is even more nuts because of it. It's like they know I'm going to be off and are trying to get every last ounce of sweat out of me before I leave or something. Ugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger ghanima said...

Urg -- time off, what's that?

I think you'll find that the 8am mornings treat you better in the winter than you'd expect. I loved it 'cause it would still be light out when I was leaving work. I'd always hated that you basically spend all of daylight indoors during the winter, when you're 9-to-5ing it. Come to think of it, I may adjust my schedule slightly during the winter hours to get that again.

8:16 AM

 
Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

You're right working 9 - 5 meant leaving work when it was already dark out, I hated that as well.
Now I get in usually at 7:45am and I'm out the door at 4pm, it's really nice walking in my front door before 5pm now.

7:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home