Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Totally exhausted...

...but I'm back at work.

Things are [understandably] still nuts, but everything considered the move went pretty well, thanks to the help and assistance of all of our friends and family who turned up to help. The professional movers showed up about 20mins late, but they managed to do a lot in a short space of time. After they left we noticed that there was a tiny ding on the wall and a tile in the front foyer was also broken but that's about it, both are easy fixes as we have extra tiles and the ding on the wall isn't that noticeable. It really wasn't worth calling up and making a claim.

I think the worst part about the move though wasn't the move itself, it was that Kevin had to work on Sunday [system implementation meant that he had to be AT work for 7am, he didn't get back home until around 12 midnight]. Thankfully my parents and brothers spent most of the day with me and didn't leave until around 9pm to go home. For some reason I was terrified of being in the house all by myself, so as soon as they left I locked all the windows and doors and went upstairs. I was tired but at the same time I couldn't sleep. It was really weird, I'm usually pretty tough, I don't mind the dark, I don't mind being alone -- but just the fact that I was in this strange house by myself totally freaked me out. It probably didn't help that I was looking at CSI. ;)

Things are slowly starting to come together at the new place. Rogers showed up [finally!] so we now have phone and cable internet again. The kitchen looks a lot nicer now that I've had a chance to play with it a bit. Yesterday I spent the day organizing the room in the basement that I'd like to turn into a scrapbooking area... I plan to strip the wallpaper off, paint and create a little craft and sewing workshop. For now though I've made use of the drawers and offloaded a lot of the stuff I was storing in totes.

We met our next door neighbours on Friday night and they seemed pleasant enough. I think Kevin also met another neighbour two houses over yesterday - that's probably because he's been outside more than I have - tinkering around in the garage and working with the cable guy yesterday. I've noticed too we've been receiving curious looks as we're driving in or out - but so far no one has showed up with any pie or wine for that matter. Hmph. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Your neighbours are suppose to great you with a pie? I never got any pie. My neighbours suck! I had to write a little note for somebody's car yesterday becuase they keep blocking my driveway. They're not all that bad I suppose. But I did't get a welcome gift either.

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Emma said...

I think it's natural to be a little nervous. My first night I had a terifying dream. I was also convinced that people would just walk into my house off the street unless I double checked the locks ever time I passed them.

My neighbours never brought me pie either. :( What's wrong with people these days. :P I'll have new neighbours in a few days. Maybe I should bake a pie. Then again, the way my last pie came out purhaps flowers would be better.

10:15 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

*LOL*

I wasn't really expecting anything, people usually tend to mind their own business in this city we call Toronto.

I met one neighbour over the weekend who had no idea we were his new neighbours, he thought I was a house guest staying with another neighbour or something. *LOL*

Yeah, I think it was just because the place was still strange to me, I'm okay around the house now. :)

7:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home