Monday, September 04, 2006

What a week!

What an incredible week I’ve had.

There was so much going on, first of all it took us an entire week of non-stop "GO" to get our new place looking and feeling like a home before Kev’s family came to visit, but all the hard work paid off.

Stefan came over on Monday and spent a few days helping me unpack and get organized, then Gran came on Tuesday night and even though I tried to have her just relax and enjoy her visit she was scurrying around sewing curtains and helping me get them up, cooking [which truthfully was a god send since Kev and I barely had time to stop and eat - much less cook!], sweeping, giving advice on what to do with some of the stuff I unpacked, she really helped an awful lot and I got to spend some quality time with her as we got the house together – once again I was awed by how much of a wonderful grandmother she is to me.

Meighen, Matt and Talon arrived on Friday night – and as it turns out I am going to be an aunt again!! Yippee!

Tanya, Bryan, Jakob, Paige and Kev’s mom arrived on Saturday around noon, we had originally planned on going to the zoo but we got rained out… so instead we spent the day visiting, going through a box of old photos that Kev had managed to save and getting all caught up on what’s going on with everyone. After dinner, Tanya and her mom helped me scrub the white porcelain kitchen sink that came with the house until it sparkled like new even though Kev & I insisted that we’d probably replace the darn thing.

The kids were adorable as always and they are both growing up so fast, both Talon and Paige are talking now so it was so cute to hear them put together sentences in their baby voices. Paige is as pretty as ever, I think she’s going to be a serious heart breaker when she’s older. :)

Saturday night came and it was a riot - after the kids went to bed on the upper level the adults moved two floors down into the basement and that’s where the party started, we played poker, drank, talked, laughed and got really loud until the wee hours of the morning, I called it a night at 4am but some of the others stayed up until much later, I think Bryan and Matt went to bed at 6am.

On Sunday we made everyone breakfast and they headed out around noon or so. It was great having everyone down but it sure made for an exhausting weekend... I think I’m going back to bed now. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Help and advice is good when trying to set up one's home.

happy aniversary!

1:25 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Thanks Emma! Can't believe it's been two years already, time flies! :)

7:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home