Friday, July 14, 2006

Coffee Time

I organized a coffee break today for a dear older woman that's my cube mate at work, she's leaving to take up another position on the floor and I'm going to miss having her right next door.

She's like the mother of our group, she's got kids our age and she always has a treat of some kind for us, if she's not picking cherries and bringing us bags full she's whipping up some cool Filipino delights and bringing them for us. On my birthday she had given me a lovely vase with a pair of orchids, she's just a warm, caring woman.

We got her a gift and a card and I'm hoping that our group head will organize some kind of lunch for her, but so far nothing has come down the pipes - so with today being her last day officially on this job I wanted to gather everyone to give her a nice send off. We had a nice time sipping coffees and chatting at Tim's - for the most part I like most of the group that I work with especially the older folks, they always have the fun bank-stories to share about the good old days.

So yeah, Rose is leaving but at least she won't be too far and it means a promotion for her - one that she totally deserves.

On the up-side, given that my other co-worker is still reviewing the F/S and my notes, it means there's no point in me sticking around today so I'm heading out at 2pm [summer hours] - also, I've asked her if she thinks that she'll be done over the weekend, maybe we can come in then, she said she doesn't think that she'll be working the weekend, so... happy weekend to me and I brace myself for the sh*t to hit the fan next week. I can hardly wait until Monday morning when I'll have to literally drag myself out of bed to come in to deal with it all.

2 Comments:

Blogger ghanima said...

Filipinos rule. :)

5:10 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Yeah, they're pretty cool. ;)

2:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home