Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Various tidbits from my world

- I'm back at work today, back at the daily grind. Roop is on vacation this week and so Kev drove us in, we got to his building a bit earlier than usual so I decided to skip across the road to check out the P.A.T.H connection from the CBC building to FCP - I'd been meaning to do this before the cold weather hits so that I have a general idea of the route to take. As it turns out, there's currently no P.A.T.H access to FCP as construction of the RBC Centre and the Ritz-Carlton gets underway, which means I am going to be SOL come this winter.

- Kev & I are going to a Jays game today after work. While at the dealership yesterday, they offered us free tickets, should be a fun afternoon out, here's hoping the game is somewhat entertaining at the very least - otherwise I suspect I'm going to start heckling just to keep myself entertained. ;)

- Gran's official move to Scarborough is on Thursday, we're are going to swing by after tennis to help her put her bed together, should be fun, I think they're working on her phone so hopefully she'll also have it by then - I'm not too keen on her being there by herself with no telephone access. :)

- Thinking about accepting and heading over to Leah & Matt's place this Saturday to see everyone and then to Ken & Liv's on Sunday for Dim Sum and poker. Those plans are still up in the air though as Kev might have to work this weekend so we haven't really confirmed with anyone one way or another.

- We met a few more of our neighbours, they all seemed like nice folks, older than us and very friendly. The ones directly opposite are moving and had placed a very nice solid pine table on their front lawn [among other stuff], after talking to them we ended up taking it. I think we can make a very nice home-made poker table out of it. I also rescued a plant, two mirrors and some photo boxes from being sent to the dump. They had some other nice stuff but I didn't want to take anything we wouldn't wind up using or have a place for, ideally I want to keep our place relatively clutter free - even if it means a sulky Kevin ;)

- Ruth & Dave got the keys to their place last Thursday so they're currently bouncing off the walls with excitement between that and their pending Caribbean cruise this weekend, pretty stoked for those two, I haven't been over to see the place as yet, but that's only because of the week I had preparing to host and then finally hosting our out of town guests.

That’s about it on my end, and other than me being very tired today, not a whole lot is going on. I had to drag myself out of bed this morning at 6am – my body is still in vacation mode I think. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously? They've closed the link btw CBC and Metro Hall? Well that sucks.

Still... before the cold hits, if I were you, I'd see how you feel about walking up John Street to Metro Hall and then going underground... John Street is far less of a wind tunnel than Front!

Once we're moved in, you'll have to come see the new place ;) Or swing by the night before the big move... it'll probably just be me and the cats... no furniture or anything, but I could give you the tour before we clutter the place up with boxes and furniture ;)

1:10 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Thanks Ruth, I tried that this morning! Yay! That's a lot better than I thought I'd have to deal with. :)

The big move is still on the 23rd, right? So we can come by on the evening of the 22nd? I'll have to check with Kev but I think we can manage to swing that... as long as we don't stay too late, he's got the baseball tourney the next day... then we'll be back to help out on the Sunday.

7:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually.. once the weather gets really icky, you can walk through the street-level of CBC and scurry across Wellington and into the AT&T tower at Metro place (trust me, you won't be alone, and generally you can get a decent break in traffic so it's not too risky)... then it's a short escalator ride down to the shop level and the P.A.T.H (can you tell I avoid the outdoors as much as I can? *laugh*)

Yup... the big move is set for the 23rd... so the evening of the 22nd is fine... other than the cats, their stuff, and an airmatress and sleeping bag for me, there probably won't be much in the place, but I'll give you the tour anyway ;) And then send you home so Kev can get his rest before the tourney.

Then, of course, you'll have to come back again once we've got the pool table set up ;)

8:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home